Go Linux!

Go Linux!

Linux Logo Contest!

10/08/1996

First of all, I want to thank all of you around the world who helped me create the Linux kernel. Your contributions were vital to my success (and ego), and we would have never had an operating system quite like this one if it were not for all your efforts. But the thing I want to talk about now is that every company (or invention or trademark or whatever), including Linux, needs a logo, and making logos is not that easy (at least for me).

The not-so-hard part that anyone with decent imagination can do is to think of a picture and go like, oh, that will be the most_adorable_and well-designed and completely fitting mascot for Linux and it should totally be the logo and how could anything else. Well, for me at least, and (I’m guessing) for many others as well, it’s not that easy to actually make a drawing and turn the conceptual image in my head into a reality. Or at least a projection of reality onto a screen with pixels. Which is why I’m lazy and relying on people with talent (that is, all of you who are interested) to draw my logo for me, and all I will have to do is pick my favorite and leave everyone else’s hard work wasted. Just as a hint: I will fall very easily for adorable, stuffed, slightly overweight, bean-bag type flightless Antarctic waterfowl. 


If any of you guys are interested in making a logo, you can maybe share your idea in the comments or email a drawing of it to me. I would like to receive all your entries by the end of this year. All ideas and drawings are welcome! Especially adorable, plush, lovable animals stuffed to the brim with food. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment